Today India has abundance man powder or work force to take up the opportunity available as it is one of the fastest developing economy in the world. However, recent surveys conducted by various agencies and ET showed that every 3 out of 4 available resource are below industry standard. Today HR team’s biggest challenge is to find the right candidates due lack of quality resource. Hence it is important and our responsibility to bridge this gap and make available all the resources as well as guidance for our students to prepare themselves to shape their career in right path. The objective of conducting “Career Guidance” is to motivate students, remain focus to achieve and early decision on their career path in consideration of their strengths and interest. This program is the platform for the students to understand market environment, future technologies, and industry expectations from fresher and prepare themselves.
It gives clear vision for students to mold themselves to industry standards by the time they complete their course and ready to be best suited resource for industry.
Career Guidance programs taken up in this year:2014-15
- Introduction about “ AWARENESS”, a technical career guidance initiatives on 03 sept 2014.1 Hour session on “Career in IT as software Tester”, entitled as “AWARENESS”: to make the students aware of what is software Testing and how it could help the students to enlighten their career in IT is conducted for Final Year students of IT and Computer Science by the highly experienced professional from SQUAD.
- “WEB DEVELOPMENT” using word press editorwas arranged on 28.08.14 for the students of IT and CS with the help of CGI Solutions Pvt. Ltd.,. CGI Solutions is a well-known name in software industry and one of the best company in Web Development programs in Navi Mumbai. Mr. Sushil Kumar delivered lecture on Web Development with practical demonstration. Session was an interactive with active participation from students.
- Career Guidance program by ITM Group on 6-12-2014 for final year students across the streams.Highlights of the programs:
- Awareness to students for career choices.
- Preparation for the competition
- Importance of higher education.
- “Student Guidance Program” by VidyalankarDynanapeeth Trust conducted on 13-12-2014 for S Y B.Sc. (IT) students organized at Computer Lab-1. A 1 Hour session delivered by Mrs. Radhika Kulkarni – Head-Operation, focusing on career options after completion of B.Sc IT.
- Job-Oriented Certifications
- Post Graduate options (India and Abroad).
- “Career Counseling” conducted on 30-01-2015 for final year students across streams by Sinhgad Institute of Business Management at College Auditorium. The objective of the session is to bring awareness among students of the MBA/MMS course, admission procedures and competition in getting admission in top institution.
- Seminar on “Soft Skills” organized for Final Year students across stream on 20th Jan’14 with the help of M/s.Evolve Business School at College Auditorium.
- Seminar on “Career Opportunity in Logistics in India”by M/s. Think Link on o1-02-2015. Objective of the session was to introduce students to the field of Logistics and supply chain. Future of logistic and supply chain in India and its growth story in modern India. Roles and Career growth in this industry. Current open opportunities and future demand for the professionals.
- Workshop on “Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security” conducted by M/s. SAMI INFOTECH on 23-01-2015 at College computer lab-2 for BSc computer science. Program covered few of the important topics such as IP Spoofing, Email Spoofing, Email track and analysis, Leave no Trace on Internet, RAT, Live Camera, Hack Windows 7 etc. Live Demo was given on all above topics for better understanding of students.
- Seminar on “Overseas Education” conducted with the help of M/s. Europe Study Centre (P) Ltd on 28-02-2015 at college Auditorium. Mr. Tony Francis – Marketing Head gave a details on Visa process, competitive exams for EU admissions and EU conditions, law and technicalities.
Career Guidance programs taken up in this year:2017-18
- Career Guidance program on “Combined Defence Services Examination by UPSC on —Aug 2015. Two hour session conducted in auditorium. Mr. R.S Tope from SPAARTA Training Institute guided the student regarding type of commission and other details regarding entry in different wings of defence.
- Career orientation programme on “Fashion design, interior design and fashion photography” on 28/08/2015.In this programme Ms. Jasmit kaur has given important guidelines on certificate courses offered by J.D. institute of fashion technology, Vashi, Navi-Mumbai.
- Career orientation programme held on “Software Testing Tool- Selenim IDE” on 4th Dec 2015.In this programme Mr.Rohit Sharma has given important guidelines on certificate course in Software Testing and future opportunities in testing for final year students. Conducted by Squad Infotech Pvt. Ltd, Vashi, Navi-Mumbai.
- Career orientation seminar held on “Quantitative Aptitude” on 19th Dec 2015.In this program Mr. Vikash Swarrop, Director of Prognoz Technology, has given important tips and tricks to solve aptitude problems in lesser time for various competitive exams.
- Carrier counseling seminar on Travel and Tourism on 21st Dec 2015. Ms. Priya Sengupta has made aware of job opportunities in tourism sector to our students and also explained training programs by IATA consultancy.
Placement Activities in 16-17
- Placement committee took the final year IT and CS students to Non-Engineering pooled recruitment drive at SIES College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Nerul. 12 students of IT and CS attended and two of them gone up to third round.
- Placement committee organized the campus interview on 14th sep 2015 in the college premises for Tellecaller job. 50 students are attended the interview and 17 students got selected.